The Fire Authority has external auditors appointed by the government to assess its financial standing. The Fire Authority also appoints internal auditors to ensure internal systems of control are appropriate.
The Authority's appointed auditor, PricewaterhouseCoopers, completes an annual audit of the financial standing of the Fire Authority. They are required, under the Code of Audit Practice, to highlight all issues of significance arising from an audit, in the form of an annual audit letter.
Link to the letters from the last five financial years are listed below.
- Audit Letter 2017/18 - PDF document, 178.50 KB
- Audit Letter 2016/17 - PDF document, 3443.02 KB
- Audit Letter 2015/16 - PDF document, 681.59 KB
- Audit letter 2014/15 - PDF document, 333.26 KB
- Audit letter 2013/14 - PDF document, 331.94 KB
- Audit letter 2012/13 - PDF document, 408.73 KB
- Audit letter 2011/12 - PDF document, 352.69 KB
- Audit letter 2010/11 - PDF document, 263.42 KB