The Cambridgeshire Information Sharing Framework ('the Framework') is a high level agreement between a number of public organisations in Cambridgeshire. Its aim is to facilitate more effective data sharing across Cambridgeshire where this is needed to improve service delivery or to enable each organisation to respond quickly to customer needs.
Information can only be shared when it is appropriate and legal to do so and the Framework helps to ensure that all of the involved parties understand and comply with their obligations in this area. The Framework sets out common standards and also helps to ensure that information that is shared is managed consistently and securely.
The Framework was created by a group of public sector organisations in Cambridgeshire. This web page has been published on behalf of the whole partnership. Current partners are:
- Cambridge City Council
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
- East Cambridgeshire District Council
- Fenland District Council
- Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- NHS Cambridgeshire and NHS Peterborough
- South Cambridgeshire District Council
The Framework followed the recommendations in the Information Commissioner's Code of Practice on Information Sharing and also builds on information sharing good practice in other counties, including Leicestershire.
Where information sharing is required to support relevant objectives, Framework partners - and any additional participants who are not direct signatories to the Framework - draw up a dedicated Information Sharing Agreement to work to, using an agreed Information Sharing Agreement Template.
The existence of the Framework makes this process faster and also helps to ensure that each agreement is drawn up with advice from the organisations' information sharing experts (listed below).
More information for organisations sharing information
For more advice on information sharing in Cambridgeshire, please:
- refer first to the Information Sharing Guidance which has been produced as part of the Framework,
- access the short PowerPoint training course (listed below) about the framework, which sets out the guidance in an interactive format, or
- contact one of the nominated experts (listed below) from the participating organisations.
More information for members of the public
The Information Sharing Charter (listed below) is a leaflet explaining the Cambridgeshire Information Sharing Framework and how it affects members of the public.