The Service is run by a chief fire officer who is also the chief executive of the Service. The chief fire officer is supported by a deputy chief executive and an assistant chief fire officer, who form the chief officers group.
Each chief officer is responsible for a number of departments and functions and is supported by a management structure from across the organisation.
The current chief officer group is:
Chief Fire Officer Chris Strickland, responsible for ensuring the Service performs all of its statutory duties, along with:
- Transparency, Media and Communication
- Democratic and Legal Services.
Deputy Chief Executive Matthew Warren, who is treasurer to the Fire Authority and responsible for:
- HR, Learning and Development, Recruitment and Equality and Inclusion
- Programme Management and Planning, Business Intelligence and Performance and STEP transformation
- Finance, Property and estate management and Payroll
- Procurement and contract management and Business Support
Assistant Chief Fire Officer Rick Hylton, who is responsible for:
- Operational Response (wholetime and on-call) including Combined Fire Control
- Community Fire Safety (prevention and protection) and Resilience
- Resource Management and Occupational Health
- Operational Support, Equipment, Policies and Procedures, Training and Fleet