The Service is run by a chief fire officer who is also the chief executive of the Service. The chief fire officer is supported by a deputy chief executive and an assistant chief fire officer, who form the chief officers group.
Each chief officer is responsible for a number of departments and functions and is supported by a management structure from across the organisation.
The current chief officer group is:
Chief Fire Officer Chris Strickland, responsible for ensuring the Service performs all of its statutory duties, along with:
- Media and Communication
- Resilience, including chairing the Local Resilience Forum
- Democratic and Legal Services.
Deputy Chief Executive Matthew Warren, who is treasurer to the Fire Authority and responsible for:
- Operational support
- Finance and Payroll
- Programme Management and Planning
- Business Intelligence and Planning
- Property and estate management
- Business Support
- Procurement and contract management
- Operational equipment, policy and procedures
- Health and safety
- STEP transformation.
Assistant Chief Fire Officer Rick Hylton, who is responsible for:
- Operational response and training
- Community Fire Safety (including prevention and protection)
- HR, Learning and Development and Recruitment
- Resource management and Occupational Health
- Equality and inclusion
- Combined Fire Control.