The Fire Authority has external auditors appointed by central government to assess its financial standing. The Fire Authority also appoints internal auditors to ensure internal systems of control are appropriate.
Annual audit letter
The Authority's appointed auditor, PricewaterhouseCoopers, undertakes an annual audit of the financial standing of the Fire Authority. They are required, under the Code of Audit Practice, to highlight all issues of significance arising from an audit, in the form of an annual audit letter. Recent versions of these can be found below:
- Audit Letter 2013-2014 - PDF document, 237 KB
- Audit Letter 2012-2013 - PDF document, 139 KB
- Audit Letter 2011-2012 - PDF document, 126 KB
- Audit Letter 2010-2011 - PDF document, 103 KB
- Audit Letter 2009-2010 - PDF document, 162 KB