Products contained in aerosol cans found in the home are often extremely flammable.
In the event of a fire breaking out in your property, many aerosol spray containers subjected to higher temperatures can give rise to an explosion and significantly increase the severity of a fire.
Advice on storing and using aerosol sprays
- Dispose of spent aerosols by recycling where possible
- Do not store quantities of aerosols indefinitely in sheds and garages or under sink cupboards etc.
- Use only as directed
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to high temperatures
- Do not pierce or burn, even after use
- Do not spray onto a naked flame or any incandescent material
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking during or shortly after use
- Do not store or display in areas affected by direct sunlight. When appropriate keep products in their transit packaging