Equality and inclusion
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fire Authority values diversity and actively promotes equality and fairness within the communities it serves and within the workplace.
This is achieved by:
- Recognising, respecting and listening to the varied needs of our communities and staff
- Providing different solutions for different needs and requirements
- Valuing and encouraging better understanding of people’s differences
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Challenging prejudice and discrimination
- Fostering an inclusive and trusting culture
- Recruiting and promoting staff in a fair and non-discriminatory
Why is it important?
Equality and Inclusion affects us all, whether this is through the access to goods and services or matters relating to employment. Whilst positively and proactively focusing on Equality and Inclusion is the right thing to do, there is also a legal requirement within the Equality Act 2010 to ensure organisations take E&I seriously. This information specifically focuses on the employment elements of Equality and Inclusion, however the content still has relevance on the other aspects relating to goods and services.
Equality & Inclusion Monitoring
The Recruitment Department carries out Equality and Inclusion monitoring of all applicants. The information you provide to Recruitment is treated in strictness confidence and only used for the purpose of analysing trends in terms of the characteristics of our workforce.
Disability Confident Employer
The Service is proud to be a Disability Confident employer which means we are constantly working to attract and keep disabled people in our workforce. This includes offering a guaranteed interview to all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job.