Contact us

In an emergency ALWAYS dial 999.

You can always telephone or write to us at our Headquarters (click for more info):

Tel: 01480 444 500.

Fire Service Headquarters
Hinchingbrooke Cottage
Brampton Road
PE29 2NA.


To ask us for advice, to feed back to us, for details of your local fire station, and more, use the menu below:


For advice

Whether you are a private individual, a business owner or business premises owner, you can ask us for advice and information, and in some cases we will visit your home or business.

In the first instance please see our various fire safety advice pages.  If these don't help, or if you need to speak to us, please use the CFRS Gateway - this will ensure your enquiry is received by the appropriate people.



We have a whole section on Recruitment for wholetime and retained firefighters, fire control and support staff.  The information and documents within those pages answers many common questions and requests.  Go to Recruitment now.

Please find the information you require in those Recruitment pages before contacting us, because in the majority of cases we direct people to the documentation already available on this website.  Thank you.


To raise a concern about fire safety in a public place or business premises

You can do this whether you are a private individual, a business owner or business premises owner.  Where there is a danger to life or property always dial 999.  Otherwise please use the CFRS Gateway - this will ensure your concern is dealt with by the appropriate people.


To get in touch with your local Fire Station, local District Office or our Headquarters

All our fire stations, district offices and our Headquarters have their own pages on this website, with local contact details and a location map.  You can find all this under Our Structure.


Freedom of Information Requests

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides the general right of access to information which we hold, subject to a number of exemptions, such as where the information is personal information, which is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998, or where the cost of providing the information exceeds a certain limit.  Please see our new Freedom of Information (FoI) section, which contains our Publication Scheme as well as means of making a request for information.  Visit FoI section.


Letting us know about proposed road closures for street parties

Many residents will be celebrating the Olympics or Golden Jubilee by throwing street parties. As well as informing your local council, you need to let the fire service know if any roads will be closed, so that access for emergency vehicles can be maintained at all times. The easiest way to let us know is by filling out our online form. We will then get in touch if we have any objections.


Complaints against the Fire Authority

You may complain to the Fire Authority's Standards Committee if you have a complaint against an elected member of the Fire Authority and you consider that the member has breached the Fire Authority's Member Code of Conduct.  Complaints must be made in writing - for full details please see the Fire Authority Complaints page.  (The Authority's Members' Code of Conduct and other Authority documents can be found on the Fire Authority Documents page.)


Complaints against Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service

We strive to provide the best service we can, to everyone, all of the time. But there may be times when you feel we could have done something better or we did something wrong. We hope these are rare occurrences but we would like you to let us know when this does happen so we can ensure it doesn't happen again. We always appreciate suggestions for improvement, and so that you can convey your concerns to us, we offer contact details for making a complaint.  Make a complaint using our online complaints form.



We hope we are serving you well all of the time, but it's always nice to know when something we have done surpasses your expectations or where our service was especially well received.  We always appreciate positive feedback and support, so if you have something you would like to say, please let us know.  Offer a compliment.


Feedback about this website

We hope you have enjoyed browsing our new website. We would very much like to know what you think of it, especially if you can suggest ways in which we can improve it further. Your views are very welcome, because this website is for you. What do you like and what don't you like?  Please let us know by completing the website feedback and general enquiries form.


To contact our Press Office

Media representatives (e.g. newspapers, radio stations etc.) can contact our Press Office.