Fancy firefighting as a career but not sure you could do it?
Well now’s your chance to find out!
We are trying to encourage more women and people from a variety of backgrounds to consider firefighting as a career. We have found there are many myths about the role that people believe are true and this puts them off applying.
We’re running four Have a Go sessions over two days in October (you must book a place to take part). It’s your chance to:
- Try some of the activities that a firefighter needs to be able to do
- Learn more about the role
- Talk to male and female firefighters who currently do the job
- See more of the equipment you would be expected to use.
Four sessions are being held over two days at Huntingdon Fire Station:
- Friday October 13, 8.30am to 12noon (women only)
- Friday October 13, 12.30pm to 4pm (anyone)
- Saturday October 14, 8.30am to 12noon (anyone)
- Saturday October 14, 12.30pm to 4pm (women only) - FULLY BOOKED
For more information about the event, see our news release.
To read case studies of firefighters currently doing the job, have a browse through the ‘Meet our staff’ section.
To attend one of the sessions YOU MUST BOOK IN ADVANCE. Call 01480 444500 (between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday) to book your place or email firstname.lastname@example.org.