Charity car washes raise more than £3500 for charity!
During March and April, fire service staff and volunteers scrubbed cars at Chatteris, Papworth, Ely, Huntingdon, Wisbech and Burwell fire stations to raise money for The Fire Fighters Charity.
- Chatteris Fire Station, Saturday 24 March - £736
- Papworth Fire Station, Saturday 25 March - £379
- Ely Fire Station, Saturday 17 March - £652
- Huntingdon Fire Station, Saturday 31 March - £708
- Wisbech Fire Station, 7 April £800 (split between The Fire Fighters Charity and The Army Benevolent Fund)
- Burwell Fire Station, Saturday 15 April – £408
Wisbech firefighters teamed up with students from the College of West Anglia’s Uniformed Services Courses to successfully raise £800 for charity. Money raised was split between two charities, The Fire Fighters Charity, and ABF The Soldiers' Charity.
Station Commander Martin Ockenden, the Service's charity coordinator, said: “These are the first car washes of 2018 and they have been extremely well supported, despite poor weather throughout. Thanks to the efforts of all those involved, an impressive £3000 for such a worthwhile charity.
“We really appreciate the generosity from the public and local businesses who turn out year after year to support these events as without you, we couldn’t make it happen. Your valued donations will go towards helping thousands of men, women and children from the fire and rescue community during their times of need.
“If you missed these car washes, look out for further car wash dates in the Autumn, where we hope to raise even more money for charity.”