News archive: February 2010
- Public Invited to Traveller Art Exhibition.
01 February 2010. CAMBRIDGESHIRE Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) is inviting members of the public to attend an art exhibition that has provided the Service with an unprecedented insight into the travelling community.
- Fire Service Welcomes Seven Retained Recruits.
01 February 2010. CAMBRIDGESHIRE Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) is pleased to welcome seven new retained firefighters to its operational staff.
- Arson Attacks in March Prompts Safety Advice for Residents.
01 February 2010. TWO arson attacks in the March area last week have prompted Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service to issue safety advice to residents.
- 'The Kids are Alright' Crowned Campaign of the Year.
02 February 2010. A FENLAND youth stereotype-busting campaign supported by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) was yesterday crowned Community Campaign of the Year.
- Don't Let Your Love Burn This Valentine's Day.
02 February 2010. AS COUPLES across Cambridgeshire reach for the candles to create the perfect romantic setting to celebrate Valentine¿s Day, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to be careful.
- Fire Safety Warning For Chinese New Year.
02 February 2010. CHINESE communities across Cambridge are being offered fire safety advice as they prepare to celebrate the Chinese New Year, which begins next Sunday (14).
- Fire Safety Sticker Pilot Scheme Targets Over 65s.
02 February 2010. A PILOT scheme has been launched at a pharmacy in Cambridge, aimed at targeting fire safety advice to residents over the age of 65.
- 'For My Girlfriend' Road Safety Campaign Targets Cambridgeshire Pupils.
08 February 2010. SIXTH form students at St Peter¿s School in Huntingdon witnessed the grim realities of a road traffic collision on February 2, thanks to the For My Girlfriend campaign, run by local authorities and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS).
- Fire Service Achieves Equality Award.
11 February 2010. CAMBRIDGESHIRE Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) has been recognised for its clear commitment to equality and diversity and for practising this at all levels of the organisation.
- Make sure your pancakes are not a flaming disaster.
12 February 2010. EGGS, flour and milk are the traditional ingredients for pancakes, however this year, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service would like you to add one more ¿ safety.
- Young People Handover Rescue Vehicle to Firefighters in Ghana.
23 February 2010. A FUNDRAISING campaign to pay for a rescue vehicle to be sent over to firefighters in Ghana has reached its finale.
- New Equipment on the way to Monitor Safety of Training Instructors.
24 February 2010. NEW equipment has been bought by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) to monitor the safety of instructors wearing breathing apparatus for long periods of time.
- Young People Make an Impact.
24 February 2010. YOUNG people are expected to make an impact during a week-long safety awareness event, staged by the Huntingdonshire Community Safety Partnership.
- Elderly Man Rescues Wife from Fire.
25 February 2010. ST Neots firefighters have praised the actions of an elderly resident whose bravery and determination saved the life of his 91 year old wife.