News archive: July 2010
- Firefighters climb three peaks for charity.
02 July 2010. SIX firefighters from St Neots put their stamina and endurance to the test for charity at the National Three Peaks Challenge this month.
- Remember fire safety during the hot weather.
09 July 2010. FORECASTERS are predicting the hottest weekend of the year so far with temperatures expected to top 30 degrees in Cambridgeshire. CFRS would like to remind residents that the warmer weather brings with it a greater risk of fire.
- Cambridge firefighters get ready to climb Three Peaks for charity.
15 July 2010. GREEN Watch at Cambridge Fire Station will be spending the next month training hard and raising money as they prepare to take on the famous Three Peaks challenge to raise money for The Fire Fighters Charity.
- Increase in summer 999 calls.
20 July 2010. FIREFIGHTERS across Cambridgeshire were kept busy last night (19) by a number of fires in gardens and open spaces, which could be down to the warmer weather.
- Parents/Guardians - Your help is needed to tackle arson during the summer holidays.
28 July 2010. FIREFIGHTERS are calling for parents and guardians to talk to young people about the dangers of arson during the summer holidays.
- Deliberate fire puts trees and buildings at risk.
30 July 2010. A DELIBERATE fire which was started in a patch of grass yesterday (29), quickly engulfed the entire field, putting nearby trees and buildings at risk.
- Firefighters practise rescue techniques at historic building.
30 July 2010. FIREFIGHTERS practised their rescue techniques in one of Huntingdon's oldest buildings this morning (30), when they attended a training exercise at Buckden Towers, in Buckden.