To ensure that we are providing the best information for potential recruits wishing to join the on-call service, we are inviting potential recruits to on-call firefighter information evenings.
The aim of the information evening is to give anyone that may be interested in joining Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service as an on-call firefighter as much information as possible and will include a presentation on:
- What an On-call Firefighter is
- An outline of Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
- How the on-call service works
- The selection process
This will incorporate the type of work that is conducted, the interaction in the community, commitment to availability, how to complete the application and availability forms, how long the process takes, what each step of the process is, looking at example test papers, what personal qualities are required, conditions of employment, pay and training. There will also be a Question and Answer session.
Please see the list below for available dates in 2016:
- Monday 18 January 2016 - St Ives
- Tuesday 02 February 2016 - Cottenham
- Tuesday 16 February 2016 - Chatteris
- Monday 07 March 2016 - St Ives
- Tuesday 22 March 2016 - Cottenham
- Tuesday 05 April 2016 - Chatteris
- Monday 18 April 2016 - St Ives
- Tuesday 03 May 2016 - Cottenham
- Tuesday 17 May 2016 - Chatteris
All the workshops will start at 7pm with an approximate finish time of 9.15pm.
To book a place on the evening, or if you have any queries, contact Recruitment on 01480 444500 or send an email.
If you are interested in being an on-call firefighter at one of the fire stations listed above, we recommend you call in between the times listed - no need to book, just turn up!