Find out if YOU have what it takes to be an on-call firefighter:
- Are you aged 18 or over?
- Do you have a good level of all round fitness?
- Do you live or work within five minutes travelling time of an on-call fire station?
- Are you able to commit to providing a professional service to everyone in the community?
- Are you available to be on-call during the hours when your local station needs cover?
If you've answered 'yes' to all of the above, it's likely that you are exactly what we need!
Why not look at our pre-application checklist (below) or our on-call firefighter guide to find out more about what is required from the role? Or, if you want to discuss anything in further detail, contact Recruitment or visit your local fire station.
The Service are unable to consider those applicants whose current contract of employment with another employer may require them to be moved from their normal place of work, thus affecting their ability to fulfil their contractual availablity with CFRS:
- for periods of more than 2 weeks
- for periods of more than 4 weeks in any calendar year
- with less than 1 months notice being given