Fire in the open – Croxton - South Cambs
On Sunday (23) at 12.49pm one crew from Gamlingay was called to a fire in the open on High Street, Croxton.
Crews arrived to find a bonfire out of control. Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Top tips when having a bonfire:
- Build your bonfire well clear of buildings, garden sheds, fences and hedges
- Never use flammable liquids to start a bonfire, and never burn dangerous items such as aerosol cans, paint tins, foam furniture, or batteries
- Don’t leave bonfires unattended. An adult should supervise it until it has burnt out. If it has to be left, damp it down with plenty of water
- Always keep a bucket of water or a hosepipe nearby in case of fire
- Check the weather - avoid lighting bonfires in high winds.
For more safety advice please see our page on bonfire safety.