Staying safe outside is just as important as keeping your family safe from fire in your home or business.
Take on board our top tips for outdoor fire prevention below, and navigate through other areas of outdoor safety using the drop-down menu.
How to prevent outdoor fires
Our top seven tips
- Ensure cigarettes are completely out
- Do not throw cigarettes out of car windows onto grass verges or vegetation
- Put disposable barbeques on bricks, do not place directly on grass
- Do not leave glass bottles lying on the ground – the sun’s rays reflect through the glass and can start a fire
- When camping, do not leave campfire unattended and make sure it is completely out before you leave it
- Use barbeques on a hard, flat surface away from grass, shrubs or fencing
- Talk to your children about the dangers of starting fires outside